Thursday 3 February 2011

I am making you CROSS!!!

work work work!!! I have been having to apply myself 100% to  my day job which takes me away from what I would really like to be doing but DOES go some way to paying those pesky bills!!
more often than not I return home;launch into domestic mode cooking dinner, laundry, sweeping up after a dog that has an endless capacity for trashing the kitchen,helping Jasper with homework...is it then surprising that I 'retire' to bed and thankfully veg out in front of some appalling tripe on TV. This week, however, has been designated Alcohol Free and I have had to engage in what is known bby drug and alcohol workers as 'distraction technique' (Something to take your mind off the cravings)!!!!I have channelled my energy into making the crucifixes/crosses featured in the photos. It has been so absorbing finding all the random bits and pieces to glue on; laying them out first and then using the incrdible and lethal Hot Melt Glue Gun. My nails are trashed,my fingers are covered in burns but I LOVE the crosses!! Each is completley unique with little personal 'nods' to the people I have made them for.I am looking forward to making more and am also enjoying scouring the 'Pound' shops at lunchtimes to find appropriate 'tat' with which to adorn them. they have a Day of the Dead feel to them and are definately influenced and inspired by my visits to Mexico. Am going to make many more at the weekend.....emma  

No comments:

Post a Comment