Saturday 26 February 2011

The Wall Project.

Just contemplating my design for entry to The Wall Project, an exciting competition for artists (amateur or professional). The winner gets to paint their design on the entire interior wall of the events space in Rich Mix, London where it will remain for 3 months – giving artists the opportunity for exposure on a large scale in a venue with constant visitors. I adore painting HUGE areas so it would be a dream for me to paint a space this size. I feel an urban theme coming on, following on from my last work. This was a group of canvases entitiled High Hopes Rising and feature estates like 1960's Castle Vale, Birmingham and 1980's Red Road,  Glasgow. These two examples are both are about a meter wide so their quite dramatic, just in their size. For more info on the project watch this YouTube vid, Kat x


1 comment:

  1. yay! it's great to hear you are going to apply for this!

    thanks for visiting my blog. i've added a follow link on the right hand bar now. or you can follow me with blog lovin'!

    ReplyDelete