Sunday 8 May 2011

A tribute to the aesthetic of 1970's interiors

Just had a fun couple of days visiting the old home town, Southport. Stayed at my Dads flat and this blog post was born there. He bought it about 15 years ago and included in the sale was lots of furniture and all the carpets. Apart from adding his own collection of eclectic bits and bobs he hasn't changed any of the styling. As a fan of retro and texture, here is a homage to late 1970's, early 1980's lux interior featuring ultra textured fresco wallpapers galore and some major coloured shag pile carpets. The whole flat should be in a museum exhibition entitled 'fancy a shag.....pile? Kat x

  Wallpapers that you can't help running your fingers over! I recommend clicking on the image to enlarge it so you can really see how 3D the wallpaper is.

 A rainbow of super thick shag pile strangely resembling cloud formations

The sofa and kitchen floor, as there wasn't already enough texture. I did say I was a fan and I can feel myself becoming twitchy just looking at all this rich texture, must go any eat something in order to distract myself, works everytime!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that wallpaper, we had it in the eighties. Our cats used to climb up the corner of the wall using it as a grip, they made it all the way to the ceiling then would slide back down!
    Why not enter this giveaway for a fab present for dad? All you have to do to enter is leave a comment?http://youwillalwaysfindme.blogspot.com/2011/05/tea-towel-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laught, about the cats. I can just imagine my Dasd in that situation, not pretty! Have entered the giveaway AND found a fab new blog, many thanks once again x

    ReplyDelete