Sunday 13 March 2011

Izzy and Daphne - a marriage made in heaven

I just had to comment on the news that my girl-crush Daphne Guinness has bought the entire clothing and hat archive of the late, utterly fabulous Issabella Blow. Both women shared an absolute devotion to high fashion without compromise and with little if any commercial gain. Both never failed/fail to speak their mind about the fashion world they were submerged in and I love their absolute dedication. Daphne has spent the last five years co-designing a glove, a wearable sculpture, why take so long? In her own words 'I'm hopeless!'  Issabella and Daphne, I salute both of you and am so graful for your inspiration! As I bumble along spending too much time creating things no-one will ever see, I feel assured that its about much more than money or recognition, Kat x

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,

    I was awarded the 'Liebster Blog' Award on the weekend by the fabulous Lakota at Faith Hope and Charity Shopping http://faithhopeandcharityshopping.blogspot.com/2011/03/faith-hope-and-giveaways.html

    In return, I had to award some blogs I feel are worthy of the award.

    Please see my Liebster Award post for a clearer picture.

    There is no catch, I just wanted more people to see your great blog!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete