Thursday 3 March 2011

Out with the old and in with the new!!

Last weeks lambing really was the straw that broke the horses back and led to the day when I realised my Doc Martins boots were no longer suitable for public viewing (this may have occurred some time ago but you have to allow at least two months for the denial period). These boots have been a trusted friend for three years through many caravan club nights (dogs, drinking and karaoke in and around a caravan in a muddy field), many painting projects (the worst of which was the Tarotvan which saw them splattered with red metal paint) and lots of generally ungracful stomping around the countryside. Where many boots disintegrated this pair kept themselves together and saw me through any difficult situation I presented them with. R I P dear foot friends!!


Next dilemma, which of the many Doc Martins available should I choose next?? May I present the Lorna boot, no where near as practical as their predecessors but funky as hell!! Patent and canvas tartan spells trouble but I think I can get another year out of my old faithfuls for strictly work scenarios anyway! Kat xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the new boots, but Docs feel best when they're just about ready to go to heaven don't they?

    ReplyDelete