Monday 10 October 2011

Getto Hen update

Bless little Getto Hen, I had been getting rather worried about her whereabouts as I hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks. Catch up on her last movements here. As she lived wild anything could have happened and if that was her fate then so be it. But I am happy to report that when I was preparing some quarters for my guineas I lifted the lid on a derelict hutch and discovered her sitting on eggs once again. My other chickens, who eat like gluttons and require a lot of cleaning out and maintenance never provide us with cute babies to coo over but Getto, well she is a chick machine if ever there was one. I have moved her to another hutch and she is still sitting on her eggs. For the first time in her life she is not having to fend for herself and receives fresh water and grain daily, just how it should be. I will post pictures of her new babies when they arrive, Kat x

No comments:

Post a Comment