Sunday 27 November 2011

Catch-up post

Hello everyone, I hope your all keeping well. I have been keeping a low blogging profile this week so I thought I'd do a catch up blog to fill you in on what's been happening and changing in my life. Projects wise I have completed my winter coat of many colours. It's super warm and rather snug so will hopefully help slow down the inevitable increase in food during December. It's made out of a brightly coloured piece of Mohair fabric I bought years ago and when I finally dragged it out of storage I was relieved to discover the mice and moths hadn't got to it first. This weekend was spent in the company of the delightful Lucinda, cousin of The Muse. We had a memorable Caravan club on Saturday night with all the usual activities and enjoyed a girly shopping trip on Saturday including a trip to Urban Village at The Custard Factory. That is where I bought the sheepskin 1960's hat you see below. It sooooooooo warm and huge, perfect statement head gear for this year! I also wanted to share with you a fabulous dress I bought from  Decades, Lichfield's newest vintage emporium. Alpha Male was not impressed with my find and enquired 'why are you wearing curtains?'. Luckily I am rising to challenge to convince him of the merits of a maxi during the colder months. I continue to work two days a week in Alpha Males shop. Going back to regular, structured work has been very refreshing, especially working in a Christmas shop where everyone seems to get a festive spring in their step when their browsing around. Other news includes the rapid degeneration of my hair extensions. Its known within White House Farm as The Mat, a phenomenon which began a couple of weeks ago and has developed into a mass of knotted hair based at the nape of my neck that has a life of its own, every hairdressers worst nightmare but hey, I'm attempting to work the look. I have made two more dresses for the Katryoshka fashion show but have made absolutely no attempts to advertise or spread the word. I shall attempt to address this and various other demands this week!! Kat x




5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first one, it's SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever - I can't believe you made that coat!
    Beautiful dress and hat,I never find dresses like that. I find hats all the bloody time though - Rob's had enough of them lying around the house, he says "I bet some old lady DIED wearing that!".

    Have a great week.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is beautiful, nothing at all like curtains. I love the little slit up the sleeves.

    Your technicolour dream coat is wonderful too.

    Forget about the hair extensions, what happened to that silver streak you were going to get? I was hoping you'd be my role model on that one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,

    Frocktasia - a compliment from a fellow fashionista!! x

    Lucy - hats are soooooo great but I never find one that Alpha male likes and I like too!! Best not to even try xx

    Kylie - it just so happened I was considering that sliver streak, I think you've tipped the scale. Thats for the encouragment!! xx

    Clara - welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful coat, you have such style :)

    ReplyDelete