Tuesday 22 November 2011

A weekend in Southport

Just had a lovely weekend with Alpha Male and the kids, visiting my Dad in my hometown of Southport, Merseyside. The weather was really lovely and we were able to do all our favourite activities including trawling through junk shops, visiting animal shelters and eating fish and chips. The main junk shop experience involved some rather ram shackled and cavernous buildings known collectively as The Maze. They opened several years ago when people were just beginning to seek out all things old and unique but over the years, as the buildings have fallen apart, the stock has gone down hill too. All bit pricey for what it is and just can't match the car booty experience. That said its still fun to wander through and see the a wide range of junk, I would recommend a visit if you happened to be in area. Other highlights of the weekend included heading up to nearby Liverpool to see the Alice in Wonderland exhibition at The Tate. My daughter Anya was in a teenage inspired sulk (she's six!) but soon got into the subject on show as there were many interesting interactive experiences. Her and Quin sat still as mice with headphones on while they watched a Dali and Disney collaboration called Destino. It was interesting but equally I was poised to rip off the head phones at the first sign of none child friendly material, I am pleased to report there was none except a strange lady who's head became a football and rolled away at one point in the short, serile film. Anyway I got lots of material for my current project, an Alice in Wonderland inspired short film. I'm being very impatient as its taking ages to prepare with costumes to make and music to write but I hope to start filming on the weekend, weather permitting. Kat x





One of my favourite Alice paintings by the artist
Dorothea Tanning



No comments:

Post a Comment