Monday 31 January 2011

Bright lights big city!


 Friday night and I was London bound for sister bonding time. Kept things low key the first night except going to get a curry from her local Indian ON A BIKE!! Now this may sound like no big deal but take one person who hasn't ridden for years, add the fact that they were never much good anyway and then throw them on a bike two sizes to big in Central London - hair raising indeed but really exhilarating (especially once I returned back to her apartment alive). The next day we took a two hour bus ride down to The Lanes in Brighton for the Saturday, wandering the flea markets and vintage shops. Brighton is indeed the most culture rich UK seaside town I have ever visited and we relived our youth on Brighton Pier, enjoying a heart stopping ride on the waltzes.


In the evening my sister, some friends and I all went to eat at their local Vietnamese which was indeed a new experience, delicious and most suitable for my new part veggie lifestyle. Next we visited a fabulously dingy coffee house for some pre dancing caffeine and then off to the 100 club. Northern soulites from all over London had gathered for a nights hardcore dancing and as my little gang and I crept out onto the dance floor we felt like we were intrepid travellers trying to be liked by the super cool in-crowd. Much practise and dedication is required for this to happen so we left feeling inspired to come again with some polished moves and attire. It remains one of the few purist scenes in the UK and the music and atmosphere charged with energy and spirit.

The whole weekend was a fabulous treat and I returned home with new inspriation for this weeks projects. However I was glad to reunited with the family on my return to White House, Sunday evening. There's no place like home and no matter how mad your darlings drive you, you miss them like mad when their not with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment