Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lou Reed is a god!!

What is the best cure for PMT? Chocolate is good, I agree but loosing yourself to a really good album is better I think. Poor Quin (my three year old boy) has a cold and is feeling under the weather too but has allowed me the luxury of enjoying some Lou Reed while I sew and he draws fire engines. Which album? BERLIN!! Written after the applauded Transformer, Lou went such a different direction that it was very poorly received initially by both press and fans alike. He refused to perform it live from that point and it was only last year when decided to revive it and take the album on a small worldwide tour. I was lucky enough to see him at one of his two Uk gigs and it was defiantly the best gig I've experienced in my time on earth. He relives the crazy time he had in Berlin and his experiences there, highly recommended! Kat x

No comments:

Post a Comment