Saturday 15 January 2011

What DOES one wear for writing a blog!?

I am wearing appropriate blog attire; Virgin of Guadalupe dress (Courtesy of Get Cutie) and a bantam on my shoulder. A parrot would be better but hen is v blog friendly.

Have really enjoyed my day of shutting myself away with too many projects...randomly dipping into day of the dead crucifixes, prepping and starting a design on a random piece of wood that I found in the waste wood pile of Steve's workshop. and some mini mini canvases that are crying out to be painted in random, jewel colours and adorned with something. Totally inspired by the crucifix project and am amazed at the (for want of a better word) SHIT that I have accumulated over the years in the form of old earrings, trash jewellery, cracker detritus; gems from the early learning centre. Best of all is some wrapping paper I brought in Mexico; covered in little pictures but like Tarot cards; everything from ketchup bottle  (La Botella) to a mermaid (La Sirena) and then a human heart!! (El Corazon). All of which are large stamp size and can adorn the crosses. Am also learning some random Spanish phrases for summer holiday (a bonus skill courtesy of Mexican gift wrap). i can already say 'My mermaid has had a heart attack' & 'my flamingo can play the mandolin'. Flamingo is La Garza; mandolin is el Bandolon. According to my trusty gift wrap at least.
Hope to build on good work of today manana..
Listened to great music all day; songs of the day provided by Temper Trap and Villagers.
Kat has just come into my kitchen and made me feel totally inadequate and old by practising Northern Soul moves! killer!!! Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment