Thursday 13 January 2011

I WANT A PADDED ROOM!

Two nights ago I watched Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey(classic, love it!!). It completely inspired me to pick up an obsession I had several years ago for hanging fabric on my walls floor to ceiling. I now want to go a stage further and make some sumptuous padded walls with huge covered buttons.


Our main social room at White House is Bar White House, the first room you enter through the main porch. It has a high ceiling, an old wooden floor and a rather dilapidated sixties bar I have carted round various flats and houses for over a decade now. Next project will be paint the floor, refit the bar and....................you've guessed it - a silk padded wall!! I will keep posting updates. In the meantime check out the bar being utilized for a recent family get together, they do like to start them young these days! Kat xx



No comments:

Post a Comment