Wednesday 27 July 2011

Albear's first month at White House Farm

I haven't blogged as much recently as in the last month a new project has taken over. Meet my new love affair, Albear, a three year old Welsh Cob. The story goes last year we happened to visiting family back in my old stomping ground and decided to take a turn at the old stables I grew up on. A ramshackle farm in a quiet suburb of Southport, Greaves Moss Farm was an absolute dream for me. At the time I was a teenager in need of their own world in order to begin carving out an identity away from my family. As somewhat of a slow developer I was only just beginning to mature. I had a youngster there and spent long days at the stables even sleeping over with other horse mad friends. Activities included a fair share of asbo type behaviour such as races around the local parks and midnight hacks to the petrol station for snacks. We were able to do what we wanted at the farm and felt so free that even visiting last year it felt like yesterday. So there I was last year reliving some of my happiest childhood memories, now a wife and mother of two, when I happened upon a new field of youngsters. There was Albear , two years old and never experienced any human contact. Forward a year and I was finally ready to collect him although I had been experiencing some anxiety over the fact he was still unhandled and now a three year old colt. With some drama we managed to transport him down to White House Farm and the last month has been a blur of gelding and slowly introducing him to his new way of life. I am pleased to report he is responding well and its defiantly love, (from me to him anyway and hopefully like wise). Its exciting and I feel like a fourteen year old again! I hope to keep you all up to date with his progress from wild beast to safe family pony so keep checking in! Kat x  

No comments:

Post a Comment