Wednesday 20 July 2011

A time to dance

There's nothing like letting off a bit of steam and frustration with a darn good boogie. Take this morning for example, day six on Alpha Male's American business trip and I'm home alone attempting to meet end of term demands. After a night battling toothache I awake with that typical bolt upright 'OMG, I've over slept!' feeling, I hadn't but was thrown into an state of immediate panic as it was Anya's much looked forward to school trip. I breezed into the kids rooms announcing the need for immediate action in the getting dressed for school department. They obeyed sensing irate mother syndrome and I progressed downstairs to shout at various dogs and cats, feed the horse and release the chickens. By this time the kids were downstairs requesting various time consuming breakfasts including porridge which is always a drama in itself. Once they were dealt with I was able to begin getting myself dressed. As I was busy bheing stressed and rushing about Jane Wiedlin came on the radio with that 80's classic 'Rush hour'. As if my subconscious knew what I needed my hand reached for the volume dial and I began bouncing around the room with such energy and vigour that my endorphins shot through the roof and for those precious minutes I could have been anywhere, having a carefree and thoroughly enjoyable moment. When the song ended I felt a release of calm energy overcome me and the morning continued successfully aided by my new, relaxed self. If in doubt.......dance! Kat x

5 comments:

  1. I agree you have to dance all the way!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely comments you have left, thanks so much. How nice to meet you Victoria, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, there's nothing like a dance to get those emotions out, and then get some new ones in. It's a great feeling, right? It can be such a fund activity when you have nothing else to do.

    -Tyson Sieger

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed Tyson, I ike the idea of getting rid of emotions in order to make room for more, Kat x

    ReplyDelete