Thursday 25 August 2011

Dubstep experiment featuring Albear

The electronic music genre Dubstep happens to be very hot with young Britain's at the moment. Listening to people talk about the scene reminds me of my clubbing past and heady nights spent in Liverpool's Cream dancing to Dave Clark and the like. Queue inspiration for a dubstep track with the usual Katryoshka ambient twist. I downloaded some free dubstep samples from Music Radar and used Audacity to mix them and record my vocals. Audacity is also free to download and all you need to record yourself is a cheap microphone from somewhere like ebay. I don't think I am particular drawn to the industrial sound of the dubstep genre, my roots will always be funk and disco like the track I posted here. The video idea was straight forward in theory and involved me lunging Albear whilst videoing him. Not quite as simple as I expected but ever obliging Albear played along bless, Kat x 


No comments:

Post a Comment