Friday 26 August 2011

Spider season is upon us!

If there is one complaint I have about living at White House Farm its the SPIDERS!! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I know I am lucky every time I wake up and look out of the window but dam, the eight legged visitors around here are of the large variety. Only this morning I was downstairs trying to make a disco for the kids when I closed the curtains and discovered the largest cardinal house spider I have EVER seen! It was obviously female as they are the larger sex in the spider world and it came complete with a couple of scary looking fangs. I tried to stay cool in a pathetic attempt not to pass on my fears to my kids but they had me sussed when I jumped two feet in the air as the cheeky thing tried to make a quick get-away. I am proud of myself that I managed to do the glass and card method of removal, at least there is no lingering murderers guilt afterwards but I know this is just the beginning of the 'spiders coming in for the Winter' season and this mornings creature will be the first of many attempting to inhabit White House Farm. Now begins the daily argument with Alpha Male as I try to insist on the bedroom windows being closed at night (to keep out unwanted creepy characters) and he demands they remain open as he always too blooming hot!!!! Kat x


3 comments:

  1. eek!!! I hate spiders! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pride myself on being brave and sensible upon encountering a spider. However, if I saw this bad boy, I'd be running and screaming like a banshee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is thank god I am not alone, just found another in one of the kids beakers, HELP! x

    ReplyDelete