Friday 19 August 2011

Project No4: The Downpour

There's always something new,
the next big thing,
what may it bring,
a gentle kiss or a vicious sting.


I know I should stop but why,
I might try and then fail and die,
exhausted from the too much sleep and a lack of chase
and the grinding pace of the relentless race,


pushing and rushing around my mind,
now I know that's not kind,
who ever really is sincerely,truly, genuinely,
wanting the best, forsaking the rest,


giving the most and putting you first,
don't be alarmed by my unsociable thirst for strife,
after all I'm always a wife and  a mother,
sometimes a lover,


Fuck my heads sore,
from this temporary downpour,
but it's done the job, wait
there's still more, peace and war,


that's me at least while it prevails,
there's spare love for sale,
inside of this home,
or on the telephone,


where deep in the night,
I might just invite,
some parasite to call me up,
and have a wank,


and drink some gin,
and let me in to his dirty secrets,
hey there friend let's here you whine,
I have all the time,


but not during the day when seconds count
a large amount, too much to do,
but an elastic glue is holding me back,
from where I'm going to,


If only I knew,
how to get help to be more like you.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment