Friday 16 September 2011

A Jumper post

The weather has really begun to change this week. Its been wonderfully refreshing actually, everyday there is at least three different types of weather behaviour, rain, sun and wild winds. However it does mean that the jumpers are being dug out from the bottom of my wardrobe. First the essential White House check for moth invasions. This will be my second winter here and as yet, touch wood, I haven't encounted any moth action yet but the tales of mohair jumpers riddled with holes are legendary and according to some a definite yearly occurrence. So far so good, my favourite jumpers all seem unaffected so I thought I'd share my top three with you. The first is a silk and wool number from the 80's that I picked up a few years ago whilst visiting Germany. Alpha male HATES it and I have tried to compromise by removing the shoulder pads but he still can't stand it, whatever. The second is a wool cardigan that The Muse gave me for Christmas last year. No farmers wife should be without one and it looks fab with a nice belt around the waist. The last is sooooooo big its more like a woolly mammoth fancy dress costume and I need to be in a strong mood as it weights a ton, brilliant!! Kat x



3 comments:

  1. I love them all. The 80's brought some boldness to knitwear, robotic and electronic inspired pattern - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its also the perfect time to wear jumpers here. i lvoe what you gots, the designs are so pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there girls, Lucy, lets here it for the 80's and just call me Crystal Karington while your at it!!
    Jel, its comforting to know there is cold weather elsewhere too!! x

    ReplyDelete