Tuesday 20 September 2011

The Who present TOMMY!

It was a somewhat damp afternoon yesterday but while I was going about my chores I managed to lift my spirits with a dose of the rock musical 'Tommy' by The Who. Its a film I first saw as a child and have loved ever since. Written by The Who legend Pete Townsend it tells a loose story about a "deaf, dumb and blind boy" who becomes the leader of a messianic movement via sometime as a pinball wizard. Directed by Ken Russell it's soooooooooo seventies complete with more flares than you'll ever see in any other film and it carries rather a dark undertone which blends well with the high camp antics of stars such as Jack Nicholson, Elton John, Eric Clapton and one of my fav's Oliver Reed. Catch it sometime if you can and enjoy a cult, British masterpiece with a fantastic soundtrack, long live rock and roll, Kat x




No comments:

Post a Comment